- NU Home
- Intercultural Studies Major
Intercultural Studies Major
It's a wide world out there, one that is full of people in need of help, hope, and healing. If you're ready to go out and make a difference in a multicultural setting, then Northwest University has the training to prepare you for dynamic leadership and effective ministry. NU's Intercultural Studies program draws from diverse fields such as history, world religions, and communication to equip you with both the knowledge and the field experience you need to do meaningful humanitarian work, whether close to home or abroad.
Why Intercultural Studies at NU?
- Select one of eight different concentrations: Africa Studies, Asia Studies, Cross-Cultural Studies, Latin American Studies, or Middle East Studies as international focus areas; or First Nations Ministry, University Ministry, or Urban Ministry as local focus areas.
- Benefit from small classes sizes that enable one-on-one interaction with faculty members who have both teaching and field experience.
- Explore concepts from study areas like history, art, culture, theology, and world religions, while refining your communication skills.
- Integrate your faith with your learning to prepare for effective work and ministry in a multicultural context.
- Choose from multiple internship and study-abroad opportunities to gain immersive experience in your area of concentration.
- Take advantage of NU's location in the Seattle metro area to access job opportunities, intercultural experiences, and more.
"The first lesson I learned at NU was missio Dei: God's mission. God has chosen us to participate in His ministry, not mine. My Spirit-anointed professors fully prepared me in the many complex aspects of missions work to successfully serve a lifetime as God's worker in the harvest."
– Leslie Flores
AGWM Missionary Associate to Dublin, Ireland
- International study abroad opportunities in locations such as Holland, Russia, Uganda, Thailand, and Costa Rica
- Partnering with missionaries in their work
- Domestic ministry opportunities with youth programs or at Native American reservations
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the fields that a degree in Intercultural Studies can open up for you include:
- Humanitarian / Relief Work
- Urban Ministries
- Missionary Service
A complete list of courses for the Intercultural Studies Major can be found in the Academic Catalog »
Talk to one of our enrollment counselors to get the answers you need.
Call 1.800.669.3781 or find your counselor online.