Northwest Undergrad

Post-Admission Requirements

You've been accepted; congratulations! Now what?
Follow these steps to prepare for life as an Eagle:

  1. Send in your Confirmation Form & $100 Tuition Deposit by May 1
    To pay your tuition deposit, call the Admissions Office at 1.800.669.3781 or mail a check to:
    Undergraduate Admissions
    PO Box 579
    Kirkland, WA 98083
  2. Apply for Housing
    Whether you plan to live on-campus or off-campus, you will need to complete the Housing Application. Using your NU email address and password (provided to you after you pay your tuition deposit), apply for housing.
  3. Sign up for SOAR
    Summer Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) Days are held during the summer so that you can meet with an Academic Advisor, confirm your financial plans, and meet fellow students before you arrive for classes.
  4. Request your final official transcript(s)
    Contact your high school and/or most recent college to request your final official transcript(s) so that NU can verify your graduation date and transfer your college credit.
  5. Attend Orientation
    More details about Orientation will be mailed to you a few months before the event. View the orientation schedule or learn more.


Let your Admissions Counselor know!
Just email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or call 425.889.5231.

Frequently Asked Questions:

  • What is a Tuition Deposit?

  • Simply put, a tuition deposit lets us know that you're coming to NU! The priority deadline for deposits is May 1st for the fall semester and December 1st for the spring semester.

  • What if my plans change?

  • Life happens; we understand. Tuition deposits are refundable or deferrable to a future semester upon notice of cancellation or deferral received by July 15th for fall semester or December 15th for spring semester.

  • What does my Housing fee pay for?

  • It pays for you to be placed in a dorm room with your roommate (a.k.a. your future best friend), as well as any maintenance expenses to keep your room feeling like your home away from home.

  • I'm living off-campus—what do I need to fill out?

  • The off-campus housing form, just so we know what your plans are and don't keep sending you information about dorm life.

  • I can't make it to SOAR—how do I register for classes?

  • Not a problem! Contact the Advising office at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), or 425.889.5227. They'll work with your schedule to set up a phone or Skype advising appointment so you still get personalized attention and expert advice on which classes to take.