- NU Home
- Graduate Programs
- College of Education
College of Education
Master of Education (M.Ed.)
What you learn today, you can use in the classroom tomorrow.
The Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction is for teachers seeking to take the next step in their professional development. It is a rigorous, learner-focused program that applies a holistic and adaptive lens to educational strategies. You'll get a better sense of “who you are” in the classroom by teaching from your strengths. You'll also come away a wide range of other student-oriented, research-based understanding and strategies.
- Learn from experienced practitioners with real-world teaching experience.
- Choose to attend classes either online or on-campus, or design your own hybrid program.
- Continue your education by focusing into one of three concentrations: Instructional Leadership, English Language Learning, or Educational Assessment.
- Develop a learner-focused, holistic approach to education.
- Boost your skills with proven effective teaching strategies.
- Research theories and methodology for curriculum design, collaborative engagement, student learning, and more.
Continue your teaching education either on-campus or online with a choice of three concentrations:
- Teacher Leadership prepares you to become a curriculum coach, induction mentor, or other leadership position.
- English Language Learner equips you with research-based strategies for working more effectively with English language learners while enabling you to add a Washington State ELL Endorsement.
- Data-Driven Instruction prepares you to lead in data-driven assessment work to impact student learning.
Find Out More
You can request more information, or speak with our Graduate Enrollment Counselor for the College of Education: