Financial Aid

Types of Aid

Financial Aid

Types of Financial Aid

For traditional students (e.g., those seeking an undergraduate degree and who attend classes on campus), financial aid is awarded in four categories—grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study—and comes from several sources—federal and state governments, private donors and Northwest University. By utilizing a combination of several types of aid originating from various sources, the Financial Aid Services Office is enabled to award students with a "package" of aid. This package can include gift aid (grants and scholarships) and self-help aid (loans and work-study). Funds are assigned based on a variety of factors: state residency, enrollment status, academic talent, class level, and need.

Northwest University has grant and scholarship programs. Many students receive gift aid; it is possible that you, too, may be eligible for some form of gift aid. To qualify for a scholarship or grant through Northwest University you must demonstrate one of the following: financial need, a particular talent, or academic ability.

To find out about specific kinds of aid, use the links in the left menu.

Financial Aid information for online students is available at: